Bushmount Nursing Home welcomes all comments, complaints and compliments
- Speak informally to any member of staff and outline your concerns.
- Should your concerns not be resolved to your satisfaction speak with the Director of Nursing, Audrey Smith
- If a person wishes to make a formal complaint they can do so verbally or in writing to the Director of Nursing. Where the complaint is verbal, it is documented by the staff member receiving the complaint and forwarded to the Director of Nursing. If the person is unable to make a complaint, an Advocate can make the complaint on their behalf.
- The written communication should include the following information: –
- An outline of the complaint
- Date, Time and Place (if appropriate) of the incident
- The name of person(s) involved in or witness to the incident (if appropriate)
- Complaints will be acknowledged within five working days from receipt of complaint.
- A full investigation will take place within 30 working days resulting in a written report. In the event of a longer investigation a progress report will be communicated to the complainant within 30 working days with an update given every 20 working days, with the reason for the delay. Complaints are monitored and reviewed by the Management Team in Bushmount Nursing Home.
- A person making a complaint may take advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau Tel: 01 6059000 or Age Action Ireland Tel: 01 4756011.
- Audrey Smith is the nominated Complaints Officer of Bushmount Nursing Home.
- Should the complainant be dissatisfied with the outcome of the investigation and they wish to appeal it, the nominated appeals person is a member of the management team in our sister home, Fairfield Nursing Home. They can be contacted at 028/31881.
- External Review:
- If at this point the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, the complainant can seek an advice from an independent Advocate. The name and contact details of 2 advocacy agencies are available on notice boards throughout the house.
- The complainant can also contact the Health Information and Quality Authority at any stage via post to: Unit 1301, City Gate, Mahon, Cork or via phone on: 021 2409300
- Complaint Procedures and the Ombudsman. Following receipt of the decision on the complaint, the complainant may then choose to contact the Office of the Ombudsman if they remain unhappy with the outcome. The contact details are as follows:
THE OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN,
18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
Phone:LoCall 1890 22 30 30 or (01) 6395600,